Being able to enjoy good music with good surround sound on its entire surface, is possible thanks to the marine speakers.
Getting good quality marine speakers for any type of boat, be it wakeboarding, fishing, motor boat, the sailing boat is not very difficult.
Nowadays they are specially designed for environments where it is necessary to endure extreme erosion and humidity conditions.
In order for the choice of this type of loudspeaker to be the most appropriate, it will be necessary to take into account a series of considerations such as, for example, that marine speakers are resistant to water and saline corrosion.
You have to be clear that you get better sound with audio equipment prepared for the marine environment.
Investing in good marine speakers is the best guarantee for optimal sound.
For this reason, we must consider that the brands have a track record in this area.
Recommendations for the choice of marine speakers
- In the first place, it will be necessary to determine the size of the place where the speakers will be placed, since the size and power of the speakers must be proportional to the space that one wishes to cover with the sound.
- The location of the speakers is another important aspect, amplifiers will not be necessary if they are to be placed inside the cabin.
- If they are going to be placed on the deck, the amplifiers will be almost forced to mitigate the impact of the wind and the resonances of the waves.
- The amplifier should be placed inside the cab to avoid exposure to air and moisture.
- If the speakers do not have a built-in subwoofer, it is always advisable to complement them with a marine subwoofer, since the sound quality will improve significantly when playing the lower notes.
- Choose a magnetically shielded loudspeaker if it is to be installed near a compass.
- Choose the most appropriate model and design according to the boat where it will be placed.
Types of marine speakers
Marine speakers come in two types of models: conventional boxes and recessed speakers.
The choice of one or the other model has implicit a series of advantages and disadvantages and that it will be necessary to adapt according to the type of vessel where they will be installed.
Speakers with box: They are very easy to install, there is no need to open holes but they take up a lot of space, which can add a bit of chaos in a small cabin.
Speakers to embed: they are more decorative and especially suitable for small spaces. The drawback is that its correct assembly can be somewhat complicated.
An important recommendation is that if you are interested in the acquisition of marine loudspeakers, be informed through the different means that are now available to all users, compare the different models and their different features, it can be very useful for ensure that the purchase made is the most effective.
Tips for the location and installation.
A loudspeaker is directional, producing the best sound along its central axis.
It radiates sound in a pattern of approximately 45 ° off this axis the quality of the sound appreciated decreases rapidly.
So we must mount them keeping this behaviour of them in mind.
In the ideal case, they should be placed at the height of the ear of the person listening to them and there should be nothing that interrupts the propagation of the sound waves.
Make sure that the speakers are connected “in phase” with their positive terminals paired with the positive side of the stereo output.
Speakers connected “out of phase” with inverted cables will not damage the stereo but will damage the speakers.
The bad connection will cause some tones to cancel each other with a decrease in the quality of the audible sound.
If you are not sure which speaker terminal is positive, connect an AA or AAA battery (of very low voltage and power) through the terminals. When the positive terminal of the battery touches the positive terminal of the speaker, the speaker cone will move forward.
We hope this note will help you in knowing how to choose your speaker!